OST files is an offline folder file in Microsoft Outlook application. This file holds the mailbox items stored on the Exchange server. Outlook application users can work without connecting to the Exchange. When the connection gets established between the Outlook and Exchange server all the changes done in the offline mode will get synchronized. But in some situations, Outlook users want to know how to move Outlook offline folder file to PST file format.
In case if the Outlook user switches the machine and wants to access the OST data on another computer then the best way is to convert OST file to PST file format. So this blog will help you to know how to transfer Outlook offline folder file to PST file format. We will discuss the best possible ways to perform this task with the help of manual as well as by using the automated solution.
Reasons to Transfer Offline Folder File to PST file Format
There are various reasons why the user wants to migrate the OST file to PST file format.
- In case of Exchange server crash – If Microsoft Exchange server crashed due to any reason then the user will not be able to connect to the Exchange server and Outlook profile might not be able to work properly. These situations can impact your work or business. Therefore, migrating the OST file data to PST file format is the perfect way to tackle this problem.
- Data Migration– The user can easily migrate the data from one machine to another machine. The OST to PST migration process is helpful when organizations are planning to shift their data between the machines.
Know how to Move Outlook Offline Folder File to PST File Format
Method 1: By Using Built-in Import Export Wizard Feature
First, the user has to login to Outlook application with the Exchange account that was used to create the OST file. Now to export the OST file follow the steps below.
- First Go to Files >> Select Open and Export >> click on Open and Export.
- Choose Export to a file option and then click on Next.
- Then choose the second option (PST) and then click on Next.
- Now choose the folder which you want to Export.
- Then Browse the location to save the PST file. And also choose the option regarding duplicate items.
- Finally, click on Finish button.
Method 2: By Using the Safe and Reliable OST to PST Converter Software
The users can try the manual solution to convert OST to PST file format. But this requires Exchange and Outlook in perfect synchronization. In case if your OST file is corrupted or you have orphaned OST file then you can take the help of OST to PST Exporter application. This is the safest, most accurate, and easiest way to perform OST to PST migration process. This utility is easy to use, powerful, secure and reliable. Also this utility gives various options to save the OST file data as Outlook PST / EML / MSG / Office 365 / HTML / PDF formats. For complete info, the user can try the demo version of this utility.
Doing any technical work with the help of the manual process is a bit risky process. If any mistake occurs while performing the manual method then it could lead to terrible effects like OST file corruption problem. So, in that case, it is better to take the help of OST to PST file converter application.