MS Office 365 is a cloud-based platform and it becomes popular day-by-day. Many organizations are switching over to Office 365 due to its cost efficiency and other benefits like zero-maintenance and universal accessibility. In this blog, we will discuss both manual and automated methods to let users understand how to import a .pst file to Office 365 account.
But, Why it is Necessary?
Office 365 is a cloud-based suite that provides a platform where you can work anytime and anywhere. It gives all the advantages to enterprises over the traditional MS Office suite, for example:
- You can work anytime from any particular location
- Handy collaboration with all other team members
- Always have the latest version of applications
- Availability of Multiple Office 365 business plans
- Provide strong security features without any data loss
Due to these reasons most of the people want to move in Office 365. There are many Outlook users they want a solution to import PST to Office 365.
So in this entire write-up we will describe different methods to import PST to Office 365 account.
First Method – Manual Ways to Import PST to Office 365 Account
Moving from a Outlook to Office 365 is a good decision. But with the manual method is quite difficult. Microsoft has provided two manual approaches named as Network Upload and Drive Shipping. Both methods are mentioned below:
Network upload method:
It helps to import PST to Office 365. A technical user can choose this method to migrate PST file to Office 365 cloud. To use this technique, follow these steps:
- Copy the SAS URL and download Azure AzCopy tool.
- Now, upload PST files to Office 365 account.
- Then, create an Outlook PST mapping file.
- After that, you can create a PST import job in Office 365.
- Apply the date filters and start the import step.
Drive shipping method:
The Drive Shipping method lets you import PST files to Office 365 account. The users just have to copy the PST files to hard disk drive and now, physically ship it to Microsoft. Once Microsoft gets your data, it will copy the entire data to the cloud.
Drawbacks of Manual Methods to Migrate PST to Office 365
There are a few limitations due to which users fail to perform PST to Office 365 migration manually. Please have a look:
- Many people try to avoid above method as it requires physical shipping of Outlook PST data.
- Only a technical person can perform the conversion process without any hassle.
- If a user may skip one single step, then it will create a huge problem.
- The migration process is complicated and time-consuming.
A Smartest Approach to Import PST File into Office 365 OWA
Reliable PST to Office 365 migration Tool is available to migrate PST file to Exchange Online (Office 365). This software will export all mailbox items such as emails, contacts, calendars, appointments, drafts, journals, tasks, etc., to Office 365. Moreover, it ensures smooth conversion without any kind of data loss.
Features of PST to Office 365 Migration Tool
Import PST into Office 365: The software is designed to import large PST files to Office 365. It comes up with the most attractive features that make the entire process of Outlook PST to Office 365 migration quick. Moreover, a user can export files of Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 without any hassle.
No File Size Limitation: One can import multiple PST files simultaneously to Office 365 using this tool. Safety and security of each file is the major concern for users, thus the software keeps data secure and ensures its safety. Also, it is designed to maintain the data integrity throughout the entire procedure.
Provide Date Filters Option: You can import the selective PST files to Office 365 with the help of this tool. For this, you just click Date Filter option. Once it is done, you need to enter the date in “From” and “To” fields. Then, it will show all the selected files and you can export them to Office 365 account.
Facilitates Bulk Migration: Another impressive feature that helps to move selective Outlook mailboxes data to Office 365 account. Further, users can even transfer multiple PST files at once using the software. There is no need to select one file after another and the whole process is done within a few clicks.
Status Report Generated: The software allows the user to save export report. After finishing the conversion process, it will display the confirmation report. This report consists of some of the important details and users can keep this report if needed. It can also be used for a future purposes.
How to Import PST to Office 365 With Tool?
Let us know the complete process to import PST file to Office 365 in a seamless way. You can use the robust PST to Office 365 Migrator tool which helps to move PST file to Office 365. Follow the whole process in sequence:
- Download and install PST to Office 365 Migrator tool on your desktop
- The software renders two options i.e., Drag & Drop, Select Files to import a PST file into software panel. Choose any option according to your requirement
- Select Convert button to start the migration process of PST files to Office 365
- Then, you need to enter the User Credential of Office 365 account: User Name, Password. Click Login button
- At last, the software successfully imported PST files into Microsoft Office 365. Click Save Report button to save the export report.
Sometimes, users need to import PST to Office 365 due to multiple reasons. But, the problem occurs when users are not getting a proper solution to migrate PST file to Office 365. Thus, users have to make use of an automated solution to import a PST file into Office 365. In the above section, we have described a step-by-step procedure to migrate PST file to O365. The user can follow the entire process carefully and import Outlook .pst to Office 365 without any data loss.