If your website is ready and you want to host it then understand which web hosting services are best for your website/blog. While buying web hosting, you’ll get many options to host your website. Likewise, shared, reseller, WordPress hosting, etc. are the most selling hosting solutions. In this article, we will check the comparison of these two hosting solutions – shared and reseller hosting. So, let’s begin the comparison.
If the debate is happening on this topic then as per me it will never stop. For the judge, it will become tough to find out who will win the debate, due to many misconceptions. One of the very popular misconceptions is that reseller hosting and shared hosting is similar. This is not 100% true. In shared hosting, your website shares the single server and its hosting resources with other websites. Whereas in reseller hosting, you act as a cheap web hosting Canada provider and can offer space to other websites. This is very simple and easy to understand the concept of both the hosting solutions.
Advantage of Reseller hosting
- Reseller hosting Canada provides more flexibility and freedom.
- You need to invest less to start your own web hosting company.
- Fixed income is guaranteed.
- You don’t need to maintain the cost as it’s already added in your web hosting plan.
- It permits you to alter themes and user – the interface of the control panel that is used by clients.
- Your parent web hosting provider manages everything without charging a single penny.
- You can gain more profit by selling add-ons such as Dedicated IP, SSL Certificate, Backup, dedicated hosting, etc.
A disadvantage of Reseller hosting
- You as a reseller get limited access to the server and this increases your dependency on web hosting provider.
- In reseller hosting, you can’t migrate your data easily.
Advantages of Shared Hosting
- No technical skills required
- Built-in cPanel / Plesk
Dis-advantage of Shared Hosting
- The biggest disadvantage of shared hosting is a security issue.
- If any malicious activities are performed on the server then it will affect the whole server.
- You’ll get a few features in comparison to other hosting solutions
Difference between Two Hosting Solutions
Shared hosting is utilized when you have a simple blog or a personal website. This is actually ideal for those who have only one or two websites or blogs. Somehow, this is not fully applicable because every shared hosting plan consists of cPanel that includes the feature “Add on domain” that allows adding multiple domains as per the demand but you can’t sell them.
Moreover, you can share the server with others but you can’t sell the same server to the third party. As mentioned above, it is suitable for low traffic websites and small businesses. You can’t get full access to the server.
While reseller hosting is similar as it allows you to resell the hosting space. For providing the extra service to your clients, reseller hosting is the best option.
But which performs better? Every web hosting provider is different from each other in terms of providing the quality and quantity of service.
In a simple way, you can start a web hosting company under your own brand name. You can design and start selling your own plans. Every individual gets access to their cPanel separately.
Who Can Choose A Reseller Hosting?
Being a web designer, reseller hosting is the best option as you can start your own web hosting business.
You don’t need to invest a single penny to start a web hosting business. Plus, you get a white label feature included in your reseller hosting plan that again makes your web hosting service white labeled. You can develop your own plans, customer base and add new hosting signups as per the requirement.
If you are a web designer, development firms or any company that wants to host multiple website accounts can opt for reseller hosting.
Who Can Opt for Shared Hosting?
As it’s mentioned above that shared hosting is suitable for small and medium size websites, these websites comprise of small blogs and dynamic websites. Through shared hosting, a small business owner gets a chance to start their online business website. In the future, you can upgrade your web hosting plan depending on your requirement.
So, which one is ideal for you?
After reading this article, you must have understood which one is better for your website. If you’re a designer or developer then consider reseller hosting. Further, if you’re a student, blogger, start-ups and small website then shared hosting is the best hosting solution to host your website.