We have seen some new features added to IRCTC website this year which is great for passengers. One such feature that was introduced this year allows passengers to change their boarding station.
We will tell you all the details about this feature in the post below, along with some do’s and don’t of this new rule.
Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation popularly known as IRCTC owned by operated by Indian Railways under the government of India.
On an average 5,50,000 to 6,00,000 bookings are made every day on the IRCTC website that will give you an overall idea of how big this website is.
What are some of the things you can do on IRCTC website?
- You can book a ticket online
- You can book a tour through IRCTC
- You can even cancel your ticket online
- You can even file TDR online
- You can check Pnr Status live
Now if you have booked your ticket through IRCTC website, it gives you option to change your boarding station. Like for instance, if you have booked your ticket from Delhi to Bangalore, however, one of your friends has booked ticket two stations after Delhi and you planned to board a train with him. So, in that case, you can change your boarding station from where your friend is boarding.
Yes, this feature is great but there are some important rules to keep in mind if you want to avail this feature:
- This feature can only be availed if you have booked a ticket online and not valid for offline booking.
- You can change your boarding station only once and multiple changes are not allowed.
- You can make this change 24 hours before the departure of the train.
- Boarding station change is not allowed for PNR with a vikalp option.
- It is also not allowed for I-tickets.
Now that you know the rules that you need to follow to change the boarding station. Here is how you can avail this facility:
Steps for changing boarding point online:
- Visit IRCTC website and login with your login credentials like user name and password. You must use the same login which you have used to book the tickets.
2. Now look for booked ticket history option and click on it.
3. Once you are on the Booked Train Tickets page. Now look for the ticket which you have booked earlier and would like to make a change. It is very important that you select the right train as once changes did you cannot undo it.
4. Now select the Change Boarding Point option.
5. A new page will open with Change Boarding Point feature on it. Here you can see all the train details for which you want to modify the boarding station.
6. Now Choose New Boarding Station which will be shown in the drop-down item under the Change Boarding Station section.
Once done click save and your boarding point will be changed within few minutes.
Please drop a comment below for any queries. Happy Travelling!