People who are facing issues in their old fuse box or else they notice that it is not working to its full capacity. Should prefer to hire the experienced electrician so that he would check it. He will analyze whether to repair or he has to change it completely. It is not a simple work so if you are not an expert then opt to hire an expert electrician. As it can be dangerous as this work is directly related to electrical power. But if you think that you have enough knowledge about this work even then you have to be very careful. Here in this article we are discussing about precautions that you have to take while installing a new fuse box.
Safety Measures to Take While Installing the Fuse Box:
- First thing you have to do is to locate the area where the electrical panel of your house is present. Actually, it will be the central command of the entire house. That will allow you to control the electrical supply of your house. Most of the times it is present in a small metal door located on the outside of the house.
- Next, you have to do is to turn off electricity main power. As doing this will help you to keep yourself safe and secure from the accidental shock. And also don’t forget to switch off or unplug the electrical devices of your house. That will be helpful to avoid overloading the wires while repairing it.
- So if you want to cut off the power and want to prevent from having shocks then you should prefer to add a residual current device. Other than that you should opt to fix it right on the fuse box. You can even choose a movable one that is ideal for outdoor jobs just like using the lawnmower or even a vacuum cleaner.
- So if you are updating your house from circuit breakers to fuse box then make sure that you have to upgrade your power supply. Because circuit breakers will allow you to use more energy that can’t be possible with an old range of power supply. So now, after that you can easily change the fuse box and install circuit boards to utilize more power. So now you don’t have to make a judgment on which appliance will take how much energy. Because circuit breakers will automatically get tripped when they will see any disturbance in the power usage.
- Next, you should prefer to wear all the safety gears so that you would keep yourself safe from any type of electrical accident. For this opt to wear rubber shoes, gloves, or glasses. After that, start installing the new fuse box. If still you think that you can’t do it correctly, then you can opt to hire the expert electrician for fuse box installation.
- For replacing the fuse box prefer to test which fuse is not working by using test carriers. After inspecting it, then you will, which fuse is not working and which you have to replace. Keep in mind that you have to switch off all the appliances if the blustered fuse has affected an entire power circuit. After that you simply have to replace all the broken fuse wires and swap the fuse wire.