If you are a blog owner and most of your traffic comes from mobile devices then this post will be most useful for you. A detailed guide on How To Improve The WordPress Blog speed.
In the post below, I’m going to discuss why site speed matters the most in the year 2018 and later. Additionally, I’ll also take you through the steps on how you can improve your site speed.
So what is good site loading speed as per Google?
So to be really honest, you would not want to visit a site if it takes longer to load. The same goes with Google also. As per them, user experience matters the most. If someone searches something on Google, their priority is to show most relevant site along with that certain other things that google consider is site loading speed and whether or not the site is secure.
We will discuss why you need secure site in some other post, in this post I’ll tell you how you can improve your site speed by following a really simple steps.
Don’t worry, I won’t go into technical, the steps I’m going to suggest below even the beginner in WordPress can follow and do it.
Google consider anything less than 5 sec as the best loading speed for any site. So, how to get below 5 sec. Trust me you don’t want to lose ranking just because your site loading speed is not good.
So, here we go How To Improve The WordPress Blog speed:
- The first thing you need to do is , just blindly follow this site https://gtmetrix.com/. Once you are on this site, enter your site name and press enter. It will show all that’s the issue which is causing slow speed for your site. In case, this looks more technical, follow 2nd step.
- If you are using a plugin like a jetpack, or recent post with thumbnail. Our advice would be to get rid of them.
- Install the plugin called as self-hosted google Fonts. A perfect plugin makes it all easy for WP users. Self-hosted google fonts plugin will scan all CSS on your site and automatically download and host on your server the necessary Google Web Fonts. You can download the plugin from here https://wordpress.org/plugins/selfhost-google-fonts/.
- Before uploading any images to your post, try compressing them. It’s super easy to do. All you have to do is search online like compress image and you will get list of sites that can do that task for you. Once compressed, then upload it your post.
- One another important trick to speed up the site is to enable Gzip compression on your server. You have nothing to do here, just call your server company and tell them to enable Gzip compression and once that is activated you will notice the change in your site speed.
Conclusion: I have tested all the above steps with two sites https://techdoobie.com, or https://tracemobilenumber.live you can check my site speed on any source I have brought it down to 4 sec by following the above-suggested steps. Still, you are not sure and have any concern, do drop a comment below and I’ll be happy to answer them.